Java Developer – Old Montréal
Employer: ISO Software Systems Inc.
ISO Software Systems Inc. in Montreal (Metro Place D’Armes) support our North American clients for ISO Travel Solutions, including key accounts in the travel industry.
These clients have implemented high-transactional Inventory Management Systems (Pacific, Emerald) and web e-commerce Internet Booking Engines (IBE).
You will be working as a software developer in a team for various customer projects using our software products. You will analyze changes in the software design, code and test new functionalities you are developing. As a member of a smaller team you will be assisted by your team leader and work in close relationship with other teams in Germany. You will be trained in Montreal and/or Germany by senior developers.
- providing application maintenance, health monitoring and support for assigned custom applications, including weekly and monthly development, reports, break/fix
- making code changes primarily using the Java technology stack
- working with the client and business analysts on the team
- referencing and applying industry best practices and development standards
- coordinating and communicating with involved parties and technology partners
- keeping management informed of progress and other key metrics on a regular basis
- building and maintaining close and effective working relationships with the business organization(s)
- 5+ years of experience in:
- Java (J2EE) development
- Web Services, SOAP, JSON
- Data manipulation using an Oracle database layer
- SQL (PL-SQL)
- Object Oriented design and development
- Deployment scripts: ANT
- very good English skills
Requirements (nice to have)
- Experience with Eclipse, Hibernate
- Source Control tools (SVN, CVS, GIT)
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Travel & Tourism industry knowledge
- flexible working hours
- continuous training opportunities on latest technology
- highly competitive remuneration
- monthly public transportation pass
- Health insurance benefits
- great team work environment with fun events throughout the year