Ul. Slaska 12/14
The city in southern Poland has about 230,000 inhabitants and was first mentioned in 1220, at the time as a small village. In 1382, Pauline Fathers founded the monastery of Jasna Góra, which – with the Black Madonna – still is Poland’s most important place of pilgrimage. In Czestochowa, an old match factory was converted into a museum that shows an appropriate production line from the 1930s. Czestochowa has a religious twinning agreement with Altötting – likewise an important place of pilgrimage – and with a secular partnership with the town of Pforzheim.