Data Governance Process for the Material Master in SAP®
Marlin Data Governance Material Master (MVM) professionally structures the creation, extension, and maintenance of material master data. All departments involved in the maintenance receive a transparent and comprehensible view. With preallocations, derivations, and checks, the data is created quickly, without errors, and reliably. The existing material master data can be regularly checked and corrected using the rules.
- optimize material master maintenance in the SAP system
- transparent workflows for all departments
- simplification due to preassignment
- better data quality thanks to integrated rules framework
- integration of services such as a duplicate check
- creation of the material master with approval procedure ("four eyes principle")
- evaluation of maintenance status and turnaround time with SLAs
- integration of parts lists or other dependent objects
- proactive review of master data so as not to deteriorate in quality
- fast implementation time on existing SAP system
- very little programming, solution set up via customizing
- other objects such as the business partner shall also be supported
- compliance with Good X Practice guidelines (GxP)
- Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) compliance
Data Governance: Our solution
Marlin Data Governance Material Master (MVM) is installed in an existing SAP® ERP or S/4HANA® system. If a master hub scenario is used, the installation is done on the SAP master data master. Marlin Data Governance Material Master provides an intelligent and transparent flowchart for material master creation and maintenance. The user is assigned processes so that he starts the correct maintenance process. These processes show the procedure and have a description of what they do. Thus, depending on the operative task of the user, different processes are assigned.
Once a process has been started, the process flow, maintenance views, pre-assignments, rules, SLAs, org. levels such as the plant and forecast completion are defined and processed. The users involved in the process are informed by e-mail and use a transaction that lists the requirements to be processed with priority and status.
The user can make use of further services via the integrated activity bar, depending on the process, such as adding notes, loading documents, and utilizing further programs via Call transaction or individual customer activities.
After processing, the views are approved. The approval can be done by a single view or grouped for multiple views. After the approval, the creation, extension or maintenance is carried out in the SAP material standard tables.
All maintenance steps, default values, rules, notes, and documents are saved in a request document and are available for compliance questions in an audit-proof manner.
In the dashboard, you can view and track the current status of individual documents, as well as evaluate statistical data on frequency and effort for the requests in various contexts. The dashboard displays statistical data on the frequency and time distribution of requests as well as the number of steps used, the number of views, the number of documents, and the accruals used per document.
Data quality board
The workflow rules are used by the material master for quality assurance. A audit project includes a selection of material master data and the selected rules. Master data that violate rules are displayed and can be changed manually.
In addition, further rules can be defined to measure quality. Furthermore, rules can be used that utilize dependent data such as the bill of materials The rules are transparent, unambiguous, and have validity. The rule checks can be scheduled and the results statistically compared.
Data quality change board
A rule is a check. In the change board, this check is extended with the correct result. Thus, the rule not only detects the error but can also correct it. A change project includes a selection of material master data and the selected rules. The corrections are displayed for checking, simulation update and posting. Master data that violate rules will be corrected. The change board can also be used for data migrations to fill in and derive missing content.
- process designer for the workflow through customizing (no programming)
- all material views with the organizational units (VK-Org, plant, storage location) are supported
- variant configuration, classification
- material views can be processed in parallel and sequentially
- default values (no programming)
- rules (no programming)
- complex rules are integrated via BFR+ or a BADI
- rules can offer default values
- derivations “If – Then” (no programming)
- an existing process can be extended with views depending on fields
- activity bar with notes, documents, call transactions
- rejection and reset
- saving takes place after the approval
- override field control (display, hide, mandatory field)
- SLAs with completion forecast
- alert monitor with reminder function for overdue documents
- creation, extension and maintenance of material master data
- existing SAP authorizations are used and extended by ISO authorizations
- no SAP workflow with Org. Management necessary
- all activities are saved in a document that can be evaluated
- related material assets or changes can be grouped and identified
- analytics board for evaluation of product usage
- data quality board to check the quality
- data change board for correction of material master data
- PIM or non-SAP systems as well as portals can be connected via an ISO-BAPI
- Marlin error-tolerant search is connected to material master data (MMC)
- Marlin duplicate check for material master (MMC) is integrated
- MVM can be installed on an SAP ERP or S/4HANA or SAP Master Hub
- external systems can be connected via a web service based on an MVM BAPI