Data Governance for Business Partners in SAP®
Profit from transparent processes, integrated auditing tools and simple and fast implementation
- Traceable data entry and maintenance processes using the double verification principle
- Integrated data quality tools for optimized data creation
- Quality-assured SAP master data as the basis for clean and transparent business processes
- High user acceptance with intuitive interfaces
- Integrated in SAP ERP and S/4HANA Launchpad
- Interface to Salesforce, C4C, SAP Portal
- Fast implementation of the Data Governance concept in SAP
- Resource-saving SAP operation
Marlin Governance Business Partner (MGB) solution for central master data management offers a reliable and traceable data governance process in SAP®. The creation and maintenance process is efficiently implemented thanks to an optimized application for the business partner and its assigned debtors and creditors with integrated data quality tools. Until the data is approved, the process takes place in a staging area. The roles available for the user are: initiator, maintenance, inform and approve. The process starts with the initiator or an interface such as a CRM System or a portal. Users are informed via email and the processing is done from a work list. The approval triggers an update of the initial data creation or change in the SAP tables. Our solution can be used in one SAP System, standalone or across multiple SAP or non-SAP systems. Individual workflows are also available in the data governance process.
Default values & rules
You can define presettings and rules for every step of the process. The rules and presettings can be easily mapped via customizing without the need to program. For complex rules, use BRF+ or customer programs. You can also use rules, for example, to perform an additional verification step when changes are made to the IBAN.
Data Quality tools
For better data quality, various international audits are integrated into the process. These can be automated when a field is changed, when it is saved, or started manually.
- Address validation – Correct, standardize and add addresses
- Duplicate check – Detect duplicate data
- VAT ID Check – Check against the tax authority interfaces
- Compliance screening – Sanction lists or PEP list audit
- B2B company data base – Identify and enrich
Activity list navigation
In each step of the process the user can start the data quality tools or use other functions via the activity list navigation.
- Reject, set back, release request
- Add notes
- Save and manage documents
- View change history
- View the process flow with steps and agreed SLAs
- Store process definitions with the set rules and defaults
- Jump to other transactions and processes
- Integrate customer functions
Analytic data validation
The stored business rules are applied to flexible manual reports to verify the master data. You can verify the master data against the rules. If a record violates one or more of the rules, the violation is logged for later evaluation.
Processing rule violations
After checking the databases, request documents are created by the software in the governance processes for any breach of rule. The data steward receives the rule violations in the worklist and processes them transparently during the day-to-day business.
Proactive rule support
In addition to the flexible use for checking the dataset, business rules can be integrated into the governance processes as validation rules. This ensures that the rules are not only tested in the batch process, but also in the day-to-day maintenance. Seamless integration with the corresponding warnings in the governance process allows the user to react directly to incorrect entries. This avoids the need for time-consuming follow-up research of incorrect or missing information.
- Definition of maintenance processes via customizing
- Several business partner roles can be included in one maintenance process
- Available roles: processing group initiator, maintenance, inform, and approve.
- Mapping of default values and rules
- Users involved in the process are notified via e-mail
- Assignment of SLAs
- The process runs in a staging area in the SAP System
- Approval, rejection and the deferral of requests
- Integrated Data Quality Tools
- Transparent storage of the process in only one single slip
- Activity list with note functionality, documents, change history and slip
- Interface for connecting external systems
- Slip summary for process controlling
- Add-on for SAP ERP, S/4HANA
- Available roles: customer, vendor, supplier and FSCM