Identifying personal data in SAP and non-SAP systems
To ensure that you comply with the new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the processes of handling and storing data must be checked and adapted. Among other things, the EU GDPR requires that personal data be physically deleted without leaving any traces.
- deleting and locking master data to comply with EU GDPR
- connecting various data sources and systems
- fault-tolerant searching of the person to be identified
- fast transparency of existing data
- workflow based on executing confirmation (deleting/locking)
- processing and execution record for GDPR inquiries
Marlin Identification Service (MIS) supports you in the search for personal master data across multiple systems and data sources. Article 17 of the basic data protection regulation (DSGVO) regulates the right to be deleted ("the right to be forgotten"). As of May 2018, affected persons can object to their consent as to the use of their data by a specific company or group and can submit a request for deleting or locking.
The product Marlin Identification Service manages such deletion or locking request and identifies the affected person in the various systems and data sources.
- creating a request for deletion or locking
- connecting systems and data sources via integration technologies (Web/REST services)
- SAP connector for customer, supplier, business partner (SAP ERP, SAP CRM, S/4)
- error-tolerant search via the connected systems and data sources
- defining the responsible employees for locking and deleting in the systems
- uploading documents to the request for deletion or locking
- attaching notes to the request for deletion or locking
- automatic e-mail notifications of the staff handling such requests
- system confirmations as to deletion and locking are stored in the records of such requests
Marlin Identification Service (MIS) can be used for SAP and non-SAP systems. Among other things, it can be installed as a SAP add-on. The solution is an independent application that reads SAP tables and therefore has no influence on existing processes. MIS is also available as a browser application (non-SAP). The various systems and data sources are connected via integration technologies or loaded according to the particular job. The error-tolerant search is carried out by the Scarus IntelliSearch Server.