Archiving of SAP Data
The performance of your SAP is moderate, the base keeps increasing the memory?
In this case not even new indexes can help you! Only a data reduction by means of archiving can help you minimize the system load of database and application servers.
Data archiving without a content management system
Data archiving in SAP is possible without a content management system – it can be done at file path level!
In order to find “worthwhile objects” and reduction potentials, the data is analyzed and the results subdivided into starting points:
- data avoidance
- system cleanup or deletions (one-time / ongoing)
- data archiving of transaction data / master data
- data Quality Management
- designing a procedure (clarification and coordination)
- connecting to an existing archiving system
- cleaning up or deleting systems
- carrying out a first productive archiving (initial runs to status quo)
- automating the data archiving
- creating documentation and operating manual
- lower overall costs
- better system performance
- higher system availability
- accelerated database operations
- smaller data volume
- slower increase in costs
- lower storage and maintenance costs
- shorter backup times
- reduced IT resources
- revision-proof storage of business data (long-term archiving)
SAP and its respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of SAP.